From today on I will be posting one new tasty, healthy, quick and easy recipe daily for one week. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask away in the comment section. Remember you can follow me on twitter @Daviddouville1 or on instagram @ddouville1. Enjoy Today’s recipe!
This recipe requires cooked shrimp, cumin, chili powder, olive oil, rice, black beans (optional), a large non-stick skillet, and a medium size pot.
- Wash the shrimp and then cut the tails leaving as much meat on as possible
- Heat the oil in the nonstick skillet for about two – three minutes. Add shrimp.
- Cook Shrimp for approximately 3-4 minutes, then add cumin and chili powder to taste (I prefer about a tablespoon of each).
- In a separate pot begin boiling water for the rice (any rice will do, I prefer Uncle Ben’s brown rice).
- Continue to cook the shrimp and occasionally stir to make sure the cumin and chili powder thoroughly coat the shrimp, continue cooking and stirring for approx. another five minutes.
- OPTIONAL – If you want to add black beans for some extra taste, add the drained black beans to the shrimp now
- Cover shrimp, reduce heat and let simmer for another five minutes. At this point you should have added the rice to your boiling water, which should also take five minutes to cook.
- Remove both the rice and shrimp from heat and let it sit and cool uncovered for five minutes.
- Rice on plate, shrimp on rice, and enjoy
This quick, tasty twenty minute recipe is easy and high in protein, fiber, carbohydrates and low in fat. Play around with the recipe adding things to taste like jalapeno peppers during the simmer phase. Remember clean eating starts with a plan and an open mind! Eat clean, stay strong, stay healthy, stay happy!