This is a great quick and easy dinner solution that’s great for an end of the day meal, and stores well for a next day lunch.
What you’ll need
- 1 Can of Rotel tomato with green chili flavor (not drained)
- 1 Can of diced tomato (not drained)
- 1lbs of lean ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken (your preference)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Can of cooked black beans, not drained
- Heat the oil in a medium/large skillet
- Brown the meat until almost all pink is gone. Stir in the onions, cumin, and chili powder
- continue cooking the onions and meat until meat is done and onions are almost transparent.
- Add the black beans to the meat and cook stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes
- Add the can of Rotel and Tomato (remember not to drain them as the juices from this and the beans will help create the “sauce”. If you want a less “soupy” feel, drain the beans and tomatoes)
- Stir in making sure to mix everything thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, occasionally stirring for 15-20 minutes.
Put in a bowl and add a little cheese to the top or enjoy straight out of the pan! Hope you enjoy and if you make any changes to the recipe that you like be sure to let me know, I love to try new things! Remember these recipes are intended for active lifestyles and will provide plenty of energy and protein for the next day. So get out there, stay active, stay strong, stay healthy, stay happy!